Friday 15 June 2018

105 zelda breath of the wild - escaping hyrule castle to look for the ninth photograph spot

Dear Readers,

I got what I was looking for at the castle, so I decided to flee. I'll come back here again later for subquests and the ending and stuff. I didn't have to glide away either, I was able to just choose "Leave Area" on the map screen!

When I chose this I warped to Hyrule Castle Town Ruins, a place I'd never been before. This breaks normal video game fast travel rules... This Sheikah Slate is full of surprises!

I took a look at the ninth photograph in the album. It was just a small marshy area, with two trees on the left and right, some weird little stone structure in the centre and a big cliff face in the background. Not the most useful... it could be anywhere!

I started warping around to different stables to see if I could run into Pikango again. I met Kass at Foothill Stable. He was playing a sample of Lon Lon Ranch's theme and said it was from a song the hero used to call his horse. Nice throwback to the N64 Zeldas there :) he then played a song about what happened with Calamity Ganon 10,000 years ago.

This scene played out nicely, with a similar storytelling technique to Wind Waker's prologue. It involved Calamity Ganon, Zelda, the hero, the Divine Beasts and all their Guardians ganging up to get Ganon under control.

I chose to warp to a wooded area so I went to Faron Woods. I wandered a bit and Tye gave me a Sneaky Meat Pie for helping him. From here I walked towards the lake and pushed a rock into a hole for my 28th Korok Seed. I was feeling a bit lost here. I had no clue where to find the next photograph spot except just randomly check marshy areas with trees. Time to just wander around for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment