Tuesday 3 July 2018

123 zelda breath of the wild - activating gerudo tower and filling the map 100%!

Dear Readers,

From Gerudo Stable I started to climb climb climb! I wanted to explore the region north of here I hadn't mapped out yet. It was just a massive mountain range.

I got to a ledge and met a Stalkoblin archer. I lured arrows from it until it died in the morning light. After this I continued climbing across these mountains in the direction of this region's tower.

I hunted some wolves, nabbed some Winterwing Butterflies and gathered some Rushrooms too. I had a side quest quota of those to fill now after all!

For some reason these mountains were really fun to climb. I didn't really reach the tip tops as that was going into snowy cold weather again and I wanted to avoid that. Wonderful view of the Gerudo Desert up here too! I wanted to reach this tower by means of the mountains as running along the hot sandy desert wasn't much fun.

I eventually got close enough to the tower to observe it across a gap. I was pretty gobsmacked at how tall this particular tower was! It must be the tallest tower in the game! Kass was up there too, playing his accordion. I'm glad I decided to climb these mountains!

I glided to the tower, which came to be known as Gerudo Tower, and started climbing. Not many ledges on this one but thankfully I was close enough to the lowest ones. As I climbed, Kass' music got louder. Different tune to the usual tower theme! When I got up there I spoke with him. He had a song about this place and offered to play it to me so I indulged. The lyrics were about firing an arrow into a secret spot to reveal a shrine or something. This came up as "Sign Of The Shadow" in the shrine quests. I tried firing an arrow at the sun but... Nothing happened. Ah well. I'll figure it out later.

I activated the tower and mapped out this region, the Gerudo Highlands! Now I had the entirety of Hyrule mapped out! Woo! :D I got an extra chime for doing this and it felt pretty good! The region itself was mainly mountainous and the flat snowy tops of the mountains really stood out on the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment