Friday 13 July 2018

133 zelda breath of the wild - trekking across the deplian badlands

Dear Readers,

I went completely clockwise around the Thyphlo Ruins and trekked east across the badlands. I still had no idea where to find the Woodland Stable but I continued exploring anyway.

#094 Rock Octorok

Then I came across this new Octorok, which was able to inhale before spitting out some flaming rocks at me. That was another new interesting take on an enemy! I avoided it and trekked onwards.

I came across the leviathan bones that one of the researchers were looking for, so I took a picture of it. It was called the Eldin Great Skeleton.

#264 Great Flameblade

This was up for grabs here too! It was stuck in a rock within the skeleton. I decided to leave it for later.

#272 Dragonbone Moblin Club

Night fell again so I nabbed one of these from a Stalkoblin. There was a block matching puzzle around this area too which I solved for my 41st Korok Seed.

#143 Igneo Pebblit

I came across a version of the Stone Talus but very young and still like molten rock. There are all kinds in this game indeed :) I ran past it as it had many cohorts like Fire Keese and more Rock Octoroks.

I did lots of mining while trekking across these badlands too!

When I got to Eldin's Flank, I blew up some cracked rocks, which revealed a rock which I lifted for my 42nd Korok Seed.

I continued until I started detecting a shrine. I found it on this place called Gut Check Rock. Some Gorons were here too. There was a really tall rock structure and a very strong updraught, which I rode all the way to the top. Up here I found the actual shrine called Gorae Torr Shrine and an angry looking Goron named Bayge. I was going to activate the shrine for later but he stopped me and said I had to earn the Goron's respect as it was a sacred place to them. I chatted with him about it for a while and he gave me a chance to prove myself. This came up as "The Gut Check Challenge" in the shrine quests. I decided to do it later.

I saw another shrine in the distance, isolated on a very tall structure. I tried gliding over to it but failed and fell very clumsily, losing a fairy. I decided to just warp right out of there! Back to Woodland Tower!

No comments:

Post a Comment