Tuesday 24 July 2018

144 zelda breath of the wild - playing cupid with perda the gerudo and wabbin the shy dude

Dear Readers,

I decided to visit the heart-shaped lake, so I warped to Shai Utoh Shrine near Lakeside Stable and follow the road there.

It was a long but nice trek. I got to see double rainbows when I got to the beach! I eventually made it up the mountain and met two people up here. Hearty Radishes were all over the place too.

Perda the Gerudo was here. She was looking for the love of her life. She observed the guy that was here, but he wasn't making any moves, which frustrated her as she was taught that the voe was supposed to do that. I went over to speak to him. His name was Wabbin. He got lost and ended up here and he fell head over heels in love with Perda! He was working up the courage to talk to her. I had the option of saying I was his rival but I chose not to bother him. He opened up about his feelings for her and said he wanted a Blue Nightshade to present to her. This came up as "A Gift Of Nightshade" in the side quests.

I had no problem giving him Blue Nightshade, as I had tons from repeat visits to the fairy fountain near Kakariko Village. When I gave him some however, he still wouldn't go over to her, saying his legs froze and his throat went dry. He asked if I would give her the flower and I hesitated, but then I said I would. I went over to her with the flower and explained everything.

The next scene was an exchange between Perda and Wabbin, with me standing nearby. It would've been more romantic if it wasn't a rainy night! She asked him how he knew it was her favourite flower, thinking it was the work of a Yiga spy. But then he finally talked up and said it was his favourite flower too and how he decided to give one to his true love. She told him to say his piece. He prompted her and she gave him examples like "I like you" or "will you go out with me?" and he took this as admission of her affection! He was so happy he gave me 20 rupees. Huh... She then asked him if that was all he was going to give after I helped him so much and he gave me another 100 rupees!

Afterwards she pushed him to say more nice things about her, well able to deal with his shy, nervous nature and she thanked me again, hoping I could meet someone too. That's nice :) He has his hands full with her it seems! He's hopelessly in love with her though and she is going to make him very happy, so that's nice :)

He was having second thoughts on giving me 120 rupees! The cheek! She set him straight though! Yeah I think she's gonna be good for him :)

#284 Throwing Spear

I used Magnesis to fish out a metal chest in the heart lake. It had this inside.

After this I went to the heartbreak lake near Hateno Village and the guy there had nothing different to say. I was at least hoping I could point him in the right direction... Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment