Saturday 28 July 2018

148 zelda breath of the wild - the road to hebra trailhead lodge

Dear Readers,

I continued on the road through Tabantha from the Rito Stable and around Lake Totori.

I came across Warbler's Nest and Dragon Bone Mire. A Mountain Doe even charged at me at one stage! Never knew they did that! I always thought they just ran away. Warbler's Nest was interesting because it had stones with holes in them and that platform that looked a bit like a shrine but it was buried. I'll have to come back here later.

I continued on the road and it got cold. I was approaching the Hebra region. I found and activated Sha Warvo Shrine. Nearby I found the Flight Range. Some mini game thing maybe. There were targets and a windy updraught valley here.

I passed by and came across the Fang and Bone! Didn't expect to see Kilton so quickly! He told me about Mon, a currency he invented to "destabilise the market and fight the establishment". Yeesh! No escaping crypto these days! He said he was only kidding though. All the same, it's a nice joke :) Mon is like store credit here. He says he's developing monster gear, whatever that is. I gave him 10 Chuchu Jelly for 30 Mon. I wanted to see what I could buy. It turns out he was selling a Bokoblin Mask that I could use to blend in with Bokoblins! I really wanted that so I exchanged some Bokoblin Horns for mon until I had the asking price of 99 Mon. I bought the mask :)

I continued on the path until I got to the Hebra Trailhead Lodge. There was a cooking pot there so I made some Spicy Simmered Fruit. No one was inside though. Nearby was a guy sitting in front of the fire. I went to speak to him but he turned out to be a Yiga! Not a nice surprise in this cold harsh place! I defeated him handily though.

A dumb wolf knocked a fairy out of me so I got it back with a couple of arrows.

I went back into the lodge and read Selmie's Notes on the table. It seemed a bit like a tourist guide until the part with "This. Mountain. Will. Kill. You!" came up. The writer said she left items at flags and to make sure I was properly dressed for this weather. Another writer wrote stuff here so it was kinda like a guestbook at this stage. It was of a guy who wanted to marry Selmie and said he was better at shield surfing. "Coldsnap Hollow" was mentioned and a kid was spotted shield surfing there. The notes ended by saying to feel free to take the food that was stored here.

So I did! There was a little bit of food in the barrels. Free bed and cooking pot here too so that was kinda nice. I'll definitely come here again. I kinda wish there was a shrine closer to here I could use for warping. Ah well.

#039 White Pigeon
#095 Snow Octorok

Took pictures of some local wildlife too.

There was a Meteor Rod in the chest in the lodge, but I left that there for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment