Sunday 4 November 2018

64 night in the woods - pastor kate and the council members

Dear Readers,

I went to the church area, wondering if mom was still in a bad mood...

Her eyes were still narrowed! I decided to go in to sanctuary.

Pastor Kate was here but so was the town council! I listened in on them... They sounded like they were talking about Bruce...

They said he was very nice and that he could be the "first". They asked Pastor K where she would put him and she suggested in the basement or in the old library. They asked what about the old books and she said he wasn't going to eat them. They said it was an interesting proposal and they were going to bring it up at the town council meeting. She said that was wonderful and they left.

I chatted with Pastor Kate. She asked me how things were and I said ok, but I was having weird dreams. She asked if I wanted to talk about it and I said not really. She said she dreamed she was trapped in a wall. It sounded scary but she said it was fine. She knew the rescue team was coming and that it was cosy while she was there. She could take a nap, guilt-free! I asked her if she felt guilty about naps and she said she wishes she didn't.

I asked her how was Bruce's thing going. She said she was hopeful and positive. I said that sounds like what someone says when they're not and she laughed a little before saying it was going fine. And that was it. I guess it's still up in the air...

I finally decided to speak with mom, eyes narrowed or no. She said she was too busy to chat and I asked what was going on that made her so busy. She said the town council were here today and then there was the 12-step programme meeting in the basement. Also she was doing the church budget and our home budget at the same time. I said I'd leave her alone then and she thanked me. She really did need to concentrate.

Does this mean I avoided the big argument part? I'm not sure but... mom was stressed out with a lot on her plate more than anything else. Maybe the avoidance of hopping up on the kitchen counter in a carefree way was a good thing today. A part of me did feel a bit guilty about not seeing it through!

No comments:

Post a Comment