Saturday 27 July 2019

317 night in the woods - shopping with bea at ham panther

Dear Readers,

I went grocery shopping with Bea at Ham Panther. I said this place killed the Food Donkey! She said yeah, kinda.

I yelled out the word food and was about to yell the word donkey when she said no one who worked here had anything to do with that. I said "True." I mean, I doubt dad was at fault.

She said she just needed to grab a few things quick. I was like aw, thinking we were gonna hang out. She said we were hanging out. She was just gonna grab something for dinner for her dad and herself and didn't feel like doing the big shop tonight. I said to let me pick out what we had and she said oh sorry, was I coming to dinner? I asked could I? and she said she guessed? I asked if she was asking? She said she wasn't, but now it felt weird not to... I then said I'd pick out what we'd eat then! Dinner at Bea's!

After a pause with her staring at me, she asked if I was serious. I said yeah! She then said to go for it, as she hated shopping. She needed a main course and two sides. I said "Fancy!" and she said eh, they were traditional. I asked what kind of main course and she said we could stop back in the meat section once I picked out whatever else. I asked what about dessert and she said we weren't children. I asked about appetiser and she said we were on a budget. I said ok and told her to hang out as I picked out the stuff. She said to make it quick and not too horrible and that her dad was sensitive to broccoli. She also said no shoplifting this time. I said aw! She said she could afford a few groceries and also, this place had cameras. I said that was a good point.

Shopping time! The music was kind of like haunting carnival music, but it was also bright and sterile, like a typical supermarket. Everything was bright and boxy and organised here.

Bea said we needed a canned good or something. I got to browsing, seeing the nice parallax scrolling effect here! It's a big place alright! The food had no obvious writing on labels but the sections FROZEN FOODS and KOOL SIDES.

I got to examining. The first part had a choice between TASH!, GB and a picture of either a chicken head or a turnip. They were Succotash, Greeny Beanies and Cream of Chicken Soup. I did my impression of Sylvester the Cat here :) I grabbed the Tash! I wouldn't pick the chicken one ever.

I went back to Bea and she said to maybe grab something from a box, too? In the next section my choices were Maq + Cheez, Taystee Taters, Mashies Smooth and Nice Rice. I went for Taystee Taters. Gotta have potato :)

I went back to Bea and she said to check out the cool stuff in the freezer. I had a choice between Kwik Scuits and Kream - Greens. I went for the biscuits, even though biscuits are something different here.

I went back to Bea and told her my dad worked at the deli and we could go check out what meats they had there. She said okay and came with me this time. I was a bit sad I couldn't check shelves any more but we went on.

No comments:

Post a Comment