Friday 16 August 2019

336 night in the woods - ghost caught on microfiche

Dear Readers,

Bea and I went to the top floor of the library where it was all dusty. She said maybe my ghost was up here. I was determined to learn anything about him because he kidnapped someone and that wasn't good.

Bea helped me set up the microfiche. We had a look and examined the Possum Jump article. She said it wasn't far from Mrs. Miranda's house. I said we'll try to avoid any basements or corpse husbands.

We looked at the Little Joe ghost article and Bea said she was interested in the old part of the graveyard.

The Historical Society article was of interest to us too.

We looked at more articles but didn't have much to say about them. They are very interesting though, with all the economic stuff happening over the years. Lore too.

When we got back downstairs we talked about going to these places and driving and stuff. She wanted to go to the graveyard and I would check with Gregg if he wanted to go to the Historical Society and Possum Jump.

On the way out of the library we bumped into the poets! Selmers among them :) Ms. Quelcy was hosting the meeting and we talked about how she was an art teacher survivalist. I made a joke about art stuff and how they should've been used to repair the Saltztown bridges.

Bea asked if I wanted to stick around for the poetry and I said "Yeah!"

I asked Bea "She's from some big city, right?" and she said yeah. I asked her how did she end up here and she said who knows.

Ms. Quelcy recited a poem she wrote about her worst student and said someone named Brian keyed her car. I asked Bea "Is that legal?", talking about details about students like that? Bea said she didn't name names. I said she did! and Bea said ok, no *full* names.

Fisherman Jones recited his poems about tunnel eels and tunnel frogs. I said to Bea "Dude is really worried about what fish think." and she said that tunnel always spooked her.

Selmers was up next and delivered her amazing poem. I talked about it last time. We were all amazed. I'm glad Bea got to hear too. She's definitely among the disenfranchised.

No comments:

Post a Comment