Tuesday 8 September 2020

69 ace attorney 6 - a nice meeting with princess rayfa's parents

Dear Readers,

Princess Rayfa took Beh'leeb and me to the Ga'ran Palace in order to carry out a rite for the high priest.

A dramatic anime scene showed the throne room/hall with Queen Ga'ran welcoming us. That guy was here too, the dodgy justice minister.

I kind of overdid it with my introduction to the queen. It was fine and she was most gracious, taking Beh'leeb and Rayfa with her to the Chamber of Prayer.

When they left, the dodgy Inga came up to me, chomping on his cigar, saying he didn't see how the Prayer of Lament would do any good.

He didn't seem to recognise me so I reminded him of our meeting after the case the other day. He knew me now, saying I was the guy who brought his daughter down a peg or two. He's Rayfa's father? He's the queen's husband?

He asked if I was sticking my fat nose in this mess too. I said the accused was a good friend of mine. He said I better watch myself, like he said before.

I asked if he minded answering some questions I had. He laughed and said I had balls, for a lawyer, saying he could play along for a bit. He said we would have to talk while he worked.

I like showing my attorney's badge to new people but he had absolutely no time for it, asking if I wanted a spot on his execution list. Yikes.

I wanted to let him know I was going to be the defence lawyer on this case, too. He revealed his cigar to be a stamp, and stamped forms held up by an assistant as he spoke back to me. He said not to say he didn't warn me and that I only won last time because the idiotic prosecutor filed false charges. That's how it normally goes in these games!

He then said it was gonna be different this time because he had Khura'in's top prosecutor on this case. I said I didn't care and I was going to prove Maya's innocence. He reminded me of the Defense Culpability Act.

I asked him if he was the one who wrote the act. He laughed and said maybe he did, maybe he didn't, but he was gonna enforce it either way against anyone who crossed him or the Ga'ran Administration, especially any rebel scum. It made his job real easy.

I asked if he could really do that and he said he was king, and goaded me to say what I thought so he could charge me with lese-majesty. Yeeks...

He then said that they had a low crime rate and a populace that lived in peace thanks to the DC Act, so he didn't want to hear any more lip about it. I said I had to speak my mind in order to defend my client.

He then mentioned Dhurke and his gang, saying their days were numbered even without the DC Act, saying he had a little trick up his sleeve, so I had better watch it. He said I had a defiant attitute, like one of their dragon dupes gang.

Inga then started stamping more forms in front of me, asking me if I knew what they were. I said I didn't and he said they were orders of execution. He said this without taking his eyes off of me or even glancing at the forms.

He said he was gonna have more work processing Maya's one and then my one if I was stupid enough to defend her.

As he left ,I thought to myself, not to let him worry as I was not going to give him any more work to do.

When he left, Rayfa came back. Beh'leeb was speaking with her mother. I asked her about the rite and she said it was done flawlessly. She then brought up that I was speaking with her father. She said he was a great man and that Khura'in wouldn't be what it was today if it weren't for her parents. She didn't know what he was really like it seems.

Now that we were done here, it was time to go see Maya again.

No comments:

Post a Comment