Monday 20 September 2021

1 steamworld dig 2 - the nice physical release on nintendo switch!

Dear Readers,

Time to move on from the first game to the sequel! I'm playing this on the Nintendo Switch and it's my 16th physical game for the system.

I bought this game when it was released in physical form years ago – sometime in 2018. I waited until now after playing the first game to open it up.

The physical release is delightful. On the inside cover there are concept sketches and doodles of the characters. It comes with a double sided poster. On one side is a movie style poster version of the cover artwork with Dorothy exploring and with Rusty in the background and the staff credits on the bottom. Weirdly, this part also has stuff like "PRODUCER ONE" & "PRODUCER 2" as if they were using some kind of mail merge generator thingy and they forgot to take this skeletal part out, which is amusing.

On the poster's other side was something that really made me smile and that was a missing poster for Rusty, since he went missing at the end of the first game. There was a sketch of him like on a western style wanted poster and underneath it described him with "Quiet type - Height: 1 Tile. Contact Dorothy McCrank". This was a lovely extra and I had it time capsuled for years until I unwrapped the game out of its foil! I'm gonna put this side of the poster up while I'm playing.

Let's get into it... No updates to download or anything. It was all on the cart, which is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment