Friday 24 September 2021

5 steamworld dig 2 - fixing my light for the real mine

Dear Readers,

After the mayor gave me a job, the townspeople had more stuff to say.

Ma Yonker said she'd still mine if she could but she gave up a lot of parts to make her boys. Is this how the robots have kids?

Turtle Bucket offered the use of his work bench to repair my light. Seemed like an intuitive menu to use. It costs $6 to repair it so it shouldn't take too long to come up with that.

Penny was delighted to meet me, as I seemed like a small town girl just like her and she felt like a lonely outsider. My nasty sprite assistant wasn't nice to her either. She then said maybe she should just go back to the farm. Hmm... maybe she could make friends with the lady I met at the bottom of the elevator.

I climbed down and met the guard, Coral Armstrong. He was ready to not let me go without a proper fixed light.

I went to the allowed area and found enough ore in no time at all. Those prick-shooting cacti and crawly enemies seem dangerous though, and this time the crawly ones charge at me!

I took my small amount of ore to Barnacle Jones to cash in. We got talking about why I was here and I was looking for my friend. He said he knew him and thought he was a real McCoy, but turned out to be a flat tyre, saying he didn't come back up even once.

I upgraded my furnace at Turtle Bucket's, and more upgrades started appearing, just like in the last game. Everyone was happy with me starting on the real mining now to look for Rusty.

Coral Armstrong reckoned Rusty had to pass through Red Rock Passage at one time or another. There was a tube there, but it had to be cleared first since the earthquake blocked it. He opened up two hatches to open up the mine to me. Time to dig!

No comments:

Post a Comment