Thursday 30 September 2021

11 steamworld dig 2 - digging down to above the wall

Dear Readers,

Further down I found a cave named Prickly Panorama. The entrance to this cave was congested by boulders. I had to dig under them in order to let them fall out of the way so I could go in.

Lots of cacti here as the name suggests. I just had to dig down to loosen one of them and let them all shoot each other out with their needles before swooping in to take the valuable ore that was here.

I went back to town to upgrade the backpack to a Trojan Sack. I then installed the Dual Depot, which lets me store two gems per slot. Very handy.

I dug down further to the next warp point and cave and Fen told me the place looked familiar, saying maybe the cult brought them here on their way up. They asked me how much further it was to the remains of Vectron. I said it was much further as we were still in the explored parts of the mine.

I needed a way to get through a wall that was in the way. Fen was excited at the thought of me using my Pressure Bomb and I said it wasn't enough as the walls were built after the shiner wars especially to keep them from coming up. They liked using explosives so the walls were built especially to withstand blasts.

I had a closer look at this wall which was solid brick and it was underneath us. Couldn't go further but there was a big glowing cave here and a warp point labelled "Above the Wall". I headed back to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment