Thursday 23 September 2021

4 steamworld dig 2 - mayor mic yonker gives me a job

Dear Readers,

I made it to El Machino. It's got a nice summery beat to the music! I walked past the broken elevator and found the one that was on the welcome sign. It was Mayor Mic Yonker and he had his citizens gathered.

He was telling them to keep calm but they were concerned about the earthquakes. The one named Professor Sherman said his seismometer was getting some really strange readings. The mayor said there were more important things to worry about like keeping the ore flowing.

The one named Ma Yonker called him an idiot and asked him why he wasn't listening to the experts. She mentioned a red-scarfed miner that never made it back up. Must be talking about Rusty! The mayor said he had the mine guarded and urged everyone to calm down before he dismissed the meeting. I had to talk to him.

The town was much bigger than Tumbleton with lots of people to talk to.

Barnacle Jones, a crab robot with pincers, agreed with the mayor about keeping the ore flowing. They ran the ore buying shop like the one I run back home.

Ma Yonker was the mayor's mother. She said her worthless son had no idea what he was doing and he should be sending people to investigate the earthquakes. She knew the difference between what was happening and the feeling of a tectonic plate shifting.

Turtle Bucket wore a construction helmet and seemed happy enough to go with the flow and believed the mayor.

Davy Bittenborough, an archaeologist, was worried about the earthquakes because they might damage the historical artifacts. He asked me to look out for them and offered to give me a blueprint if I gave him at least one.

Penny Kettlebottom, a lady with a hat and purse, was still getting over the earthquake.

Mayor Mic Yonker said he was busy and late for his polish. He said to leave any complaints at his office and not to bother if it was about earthquakes, saying it was a normal occurrence around this area. I told him I wasn't here to complain and just wanted access to the mine to search for a lost bot. He laughed in an undermining way, saying I didn't have a proper light and I'd get lost. He didn't want that happening so close to an election.

Then he said there was a safer area to dig in to the left of the ladder down in the mine. He said if I could dig up ore to buy myself a new light, the guard would let me enter the real mine.

Alright... so the mayor just gave me a job instead of being any help. The townspeople had more stuff to say too. The search for Rusty is going to be a long one...

No comments:

Post a Comment