Friday 17 September 2021

29 steamworld dig - beating the game and getting the ending!

Dear Readers,

The battle with Voltbot began. It spawned crawling enemies around the place.

The first enemies were those crawly ones. I had to break the generators surrounding Voltbot before drilling down on top of its head.

A new wave of generators spawned for me to take out as well as those bomb throwing robots. I just had to stay away from the ground while I did my drilling. After going through this routine of breaking generators, I drilled down on Voltbot's head again.

A third wave of generators spawned. Voltbot threw out more bomb throwing enemies as well as shooting its own lasers at me. I took my time and broke the generators one by one. It helped that the bomb throwing robots exploded near the generators while I was taking care of them. After the generators were gone, I drilled down into Voltbot's head once more and it broke down completely.

The next scene showed the townspeople at a new statue Dandy had made. Lola was confused as she thought it was going to be of me. It really didn't look anything like me at all. She asked if it was some kind of robot monkey. Dandy sighed and explained it was the "abstraction of a destructible Steambot acquiring godhood. 

Yeesh. I'm not an abstraction! I'm Rusty! I take it this meant I didn't survive the battle.

Cranky said the statue sort of resembled his poor father after he was run over by a freight train. Dandy said without me this place was devoid of class.

Dorothy asked why we even needed the monument as they didn't even search down there. Cranky reminded her I was now missing for a month and that the cataclysm down there destroyed everything beneath the Old World, leaving nothing but scrap metal.

Lola said Dorothy should focus on the future, as scavenging in the tunnels was no work for a young lady. Cranky said nothing walked out of that destruction alive.

Biff finally spoke and said come on! He was more encouraging of Dorothy and her backbone. He said he missed me too and said I was a close friend. He reminisced and got sniffly. Dandy told him to pull himself together.

Dorothy insisted I was still down there, she just knew it. She said she would keep looking and for better or worse, she was going to find me.

After this, the credits rolled, showing me walking the desert at night with glowing blue eyes. It also showed my gameplay statistics. I died 11 times haha.

After the credits rolled away, they were replaced with the title screen. I was able to resume to the last save point before facing Voltbot.

That's the game! It's sad I met an untimely end. What a game though... It's got mining simulation, story, Metroidvania... it's a fab and fantastic little game. I'm going to keep playing to dig up more treasures and upgrade myself fully. I may even fight Voltbot again. There are a few things I missed so I'll check them out too. After that I'm looking forward to checking out the sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment