Wednesday 29 September 2021

10 steamworld dig 2 - cave-in catacomb and tick boom room

Dear Readers,

I dug towards the next cave and gathered ore. I turned around and upgraded a bit.

I upgraded my pickaxe to an iron one and my armour to a sturdy one. I installed the Hunter's Edge as well to give me a little bonus XP for defeating enemies.

I dug down to a cave called the Cave-in Catacomb. Inside was an interesting section where I had to get the artifact, then dash out before the boulders fell. There was a cog here too. I went back to town to turn on Criss-Cross Combustion, which damages adjacent tiles when uncovering recources. Could be handy, may be a hindrance? I'll see...

Digging further down I found another warp marked Cactus Plantation. It lived up to its name as there were cacti all over the place. It didn't even make sense but there was a load of them here, shooting their needles when they were disturbed in any way. They're pretty annoying.

I upgraded the lamp to a Modified Carbide Lamp and installed a cog on Flame of Kubera so I'd be able to see pickups easier.

I found a cave just below this new warp and a door to the right that led out to the Windy Plains! Might be handy.

The cave below was called Tick Boom Room. Here I had to time my Pressure Bombs to make a platform, then blow the way to another cog.

No comments:

Post a Comment