Monday 2 May 2022

198 zelda breath of the wild - climbing the goron gut check challenge to access gorae torr shrine

Dear Readers,

I decided to check out Gorae Torr Shrine, but first I had to get past the Goron bouncer that was there.

To do this, I had to take on the Gut Check Challenge.

Before that again, I had to warp to Zuna Kai Shrine and trek all the way there as I didn't have a warp point closer by.

North of Skull Lake I used stasis to move a rock and underneath I found my 57th Korok Seed.

I came across a Bokoblin tree dwelling, but I had no idea how to climb on top of it! I just left them there. They were armed with bomb arrows anyway which did a lot of damage to me.

#035 Golden Sparrow

I came across a hot spring with a sleeping Black Hinox. I thought I could replenish health but the water seemed to be too shallow. I snapped a photo of this bird at least.

Closer to Gutcheck Rock, the hot springs became deeper and I was able to replenish health :)

I found another Bokoblin camp and skull lair. I nabbed the ruby they were keeping in a treasure chest.

I got to Gut Check Rock and chatted with the Gorons there. Kabetta was lying on the ground, no doubt exhausted from the Gut Check Challenge. Heehl was a lot more energetic and had a determined face. He said to talk to Bayge. I glided up there and chatted with Bayge again, learning about the challenge and paying the 20 rupees admission for the training session.

The Gut Check Challenge was to climb from the bottom and pick up rupees. I had to pick up 100 in total. It was slow and I wasn't sure I was going to pull it off but I did! Decent amount of rest stops and the rupees got more valuable as I got closer to the top. I finished with 136 rupees and 4.35 seconds to spare.

When Bayge checked my results he finally lost his scowl and had a big smile! He gave me the honorary title of fourth Goron Blood Brother. That's nice :)

Also nice that I was finally now able to enter Gorae Torr Shrine! By entering I had already proven my worth, so there was no extra challenge this time. There was a Great Frostblade in the chest, but I left it there for now.

When I got out, Bayge had a Super Gut Check Challenge ready for me but I didn't take him up on it. Poor guy was so disappointed :P

No comments:

Post a Comment