Friday 6 May 2022

202 zelda breath of the wild - finding kass' base and journal

Dear Readers,

I heard from the locals at Tabantha Bridge Stable that they saw some weird platform at Washa's Bluff, so I decided to check it out.

When I arrived I heard Kass playing his accordion. He was on the tallest of these stone mushroom platforms. I climbed up to him even though it was raining.

He congratulated me for making it up here and offered to play a song about this place. I took him up on it and he sang a clue about the platform below. It was a shrine mechanism that wasn't glowing. This came up as "Under a Red Moon" in the shrine quests.

The first paragraph of the song is about the blood moon obviously but what about the second paragraph? I have to stand on the pedestal with no armour and clothes equipped on the night of a blood moon? I'll try it out.

Nearby was a little shelter. A very welcome one in this rain but I can't imagine it's good for the kind of wind you'd get at this altitude. Within this shelter was a table and Kass' Journal. I had a read of it. It was all about the ancient songs of Hyrule he found.

There were songs about Pagos Woods and the dragon; West Hyrule Plains and Jeddo Bridge's ancient rock hole; Rabia Plain in northern Hateno, northeast of Kakariko Village; Gerudo Tower; Calora Lake's giant boulder in thunderstorm prone Faron; Horon Lagoon in Lanayru with its intense winds; Kitano Bay's oddly shaped stone pillar and something hidden there for a lost hero; the blood moon in Washa's Bluff, which was here.

It looks like this was a listing of every place I could find him when he had a song about some kind of quest! Quite a handy thing :) Of course, I'd have to visit him in each location to hear him sing the local song. I met him in a few places already. Now I have this useful information I can use to track him down wherever he's performing one of his ancient song gigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment