Tuesday 31 May 2022

227 zelda breath of the wild - exploring ukuku plains, fighting black lizalfos, finding good fishing spots for hearty bass

Dear Readers,

Unhappy with the scarcity of Hearty Bass in West Necluda, I warped to Akkala where they could also be found. I got a radar reading straight away :)

The trouble was it was at the bottom of Akkala Falls and it wasn't too easy to get. I explored the area a good bit more and found more at the waterfall to the north of Zora's Domain. Then I went east to Ukuku Plains and found a very small pool at the bottom of a waterfall that had a good supply of them. Seems like a good quiet fishing spot :) apart from the Stalizalfos that attacked me of course.

Ukuku Plains was a new place to me for exploring, so I decided to use my radar to find any shrines. I found one to the north at Ulria Grotto. Nice throwback to Ukuku Prairie and Old Man Ulrira from Link's Awakening by the way :) I'll just assume that's his namesake though it's spelled a tiny bit differently.

So I detected a shrine at Ulria Grotto but I couldn't see it anywhere. I was running around this mound and couldn't find anything. Then I glided around the cliffs slowly and found a massive cracked wall under the overhang! Very well hidden :)

There were lots of boulders around here and I tried using Stasis to send them flying into the cracked wall, but I kept missing. I decided to just glide near it and make a bomb explode mid-air that way. I got blown out of the sky and into the water below, but at least I blew open that wall! I climbed back up and activated Ke'nai Shaka Shrine!

I found my 73rd Korok Seed on a hilltop southeast of here. It was a sparkly flitty thing. There was a Lizalfos camp below. I threw many bombs down at them and it was very entertaining to see them scatter in confusion and get knocked on the head by falling trees :) Eventually I decided to fight when it was just two of them. They were still formidable and knocked a fairy out of me, but I defeated them with a good flurry rush or two. Their treasure chest had a Silverscale Spear in it. I didn't bother with it though.

#207 Royal Broadsword

Instead of the spear, I took this, which was one of their drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment