Saturday 21 May 2022

217 zelda breath of the wild - salvaging the ancient hero's cache

Dear Readers,

Kass' next journal entry talked about Kitano Bay. I warped to Hateno Ancient Tech Lab and glided all the way out to him. He was playing his accordion on top of a rock pillar in the bay. I just about made it to him! I listened to the song he had about this place.

His song talked about the ancient hero's cache, which was at "17 of 24", whatever that meant. This came up as "The Hero's Cache" in shrine quests.

I then noticed this rock pillar we were standing on was casting a shadow and that maybe at 17:00 it would point towards this cache. 17:00 came and it either pointed to the very much non-hidden shrine on Tenoko Island or this rock that was just barely below the surface on the tip of the shadow. I didn't know what to do here.

I decided to warp to Muwo Jeem Shrine and glide all the way to Tenoko Island and activate Chaas Qeta Shrine. I had to replenish stamina but that was ok. This didn't do anything for the quest though so it must be something else. While on the island I stepped on the Korok minigame platform and sailed the boat out towards the rock where the ring was. This got me my 65th Korok Seed.

I went back to the rock where Kass was and stood there in the pouring rain. Then it brightened and I saw something in the spot with the rock just below the surface. There was a treasure chest under there! I used Magnesis to fish it out and opened it for 300 rupees. Up until now I thought it was a shrine quest but no it was just an ordinary side quest!

I climbed back up to Kass and he was surprised to learn that the ancient hero only had a single gold rupee. He shrugged it off and then said that the hero was rich in character. Ah well.

Maybe 300 rupees was worth a lot more 10,000 years ago.

Also, with this quest finished I had now completed all of Kass' quests from his journal. I didn't get anything extra for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment