Friday 27 May 2022

223 zelda breath of the wild - exploring thyphlo ruins to find ketoh wawai shrine

Dear Readers,

Time to explore Thyphlo Ruins properly! There's a shrine quest here. It was pitch black so I got my lit torch ready.

It was a little spooky exploring this area. It had the Lost Woods music and there were Keese flying everywhere. I could hear snoring from a Hinox I couldn't see either, which was unsettling. The torch would go out every time I tried to do anything like open a treasure chest or go up against a slope. There was the odd spot where I could relight the torch though.

I eventually found a glowing pedestal. It had a groove to put a ball into, but the ball itself was on top of a sleeping Blue Hinox nearby! Yikes! On top of that I had flocks of Keese annoying me. At least I could see their eyes in the dark. I placed a pin on the map here in case anything went wrong. The spot was straight across from the entrance.

I walked around the Blue Hinox and its hand flopped down next to me. Then I took a notion to actually climb on top of it and I was able to do this without stirring its slumber at all! It was nerve racking but pretty cool! I grabbed the ball and ran over to the pedestal. I placed it in the hole and Ketoh Wawai Shrine burst out of the ground! Woo! I'm thankful for shrines having such a distinct glow. It was pretty cool going through the routine of activating it with just that glow illuminating the surroundings.

I went inside and got the reward from the monk straight away. There was also an Ancient Core in the treasure chest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment