Wednesday 1 April 2020

163 undertale - back to the ruins!

Dear Readers,

The Ruins were finally open again, so I went back there and had a look around, chatting with old monsters and thinking about old times.
I remember all about Toriel trying to keep me from leaving, about Flowey trying to kill me, about pies and Toriel's house and everything.

I laid in the bed and it felt strange to be there and it also felt like it was too small for me somehow.

I met one of the frogs who thought about exploring more of the underground now that the door was open again. They were surprised to hear the barrier was gone too and said they'd just take it one step at a time.

The three tutorial frogs had new stuff to say. If you don't press B during the chatty one's dialogue you get an extra line of dialogue! They were making a point about listening to people. Clever :)

One of them said there was a fourth frog here! I poked around and found a crack in the wall. There were not one but two frogs in there! It was indeed a wonderful, exclusive experience like the game said. Is it Switch exclusive?

The mouse up ahead apparently took a nibble out of the cheese on the table. Yay! I don't know if it was since I first came across it.

The restless rock was gonna "roll" out now that the barrier was open and asked me to give it a push. Haha! Rolling Rock! FANTASTIC joke! :) (I gotta watch SirRonLionHeart again someday)

The next frog I met, who was also the first one I met in the game, said I seemed like I had grown into a thoughtful and conscientious person and whether that was from their advice or not, they were quite proud :)

I continued walking, remembering Toriel's tutorials, how she held my hand as we got through the spiky obstacle and everything. She was lovely.

Everyone in this game was lovely. Well not everyone, but it was nice to catch up with everyone who was lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment