Friday 17 April 2020

179 undertale - pulverising papyrus

Dear Readers,

After killing all the monsters in Snowdin, I went ahead to face Papyrus.

Just like the last time I faced him in battle, it got all foggy and dramatic and our silhouettes appeared. He said "Halt, human!"

I didn't halt. My character stepped forward all by themself. Some weird thumping music started playing. He told me to quit moving while he was talking to me.

He called me a freaking weirdo. Not only did I not like puzzles, but the way I shambled about from place to place, the way my hands were always covered in dusty powder, to him it felt like my life was going down a dangerous path.

By dust he must mean that stuff that monsters turn into when I kill them.

He told me he saw great potential within me. He said everyone could be a great person if they tried. He said he didn't have to try at all! He laughed. I stepped forward more.

He said again to quit moving. He opined that I was in need of guidance. He said someone needed to keep me on the straight and narrow. He said he would gladly be my friend and tutor. He said he would turn my life right around. I walked forward some more.

He's so good :(

He said he noticed I was approaching. He asked if I was offering a hug of acceptance? He assumed yes and said wowie! His lessons were already working! He said he welcomed me with open arms!

The battle screen opened with Papyrus there. It said he was sparing me and his name was yellow straight away. No music was playing. I checked him and it said he was forgettable.

No he's not forgettable :( and now I had to kill him as part of the genocide route...

I made an attack miss him on purpose. No use. I had to do it.

I made just one of my Tough Glove hits land on him. It instantly drained all his HP at once.

His head fell off his shoulders and onto his hand. He said that wasn't what he expected.

His body turned to dust. His head fell to the ground. Still grinning.

He said he still believed in me. He said I could do a little better, even if I didn't think so. He never stopped smiling.

Finally his head turned to dust. Papyrus was dead.

Everything was quiet, even when the battle screen was gone.

One of my favourite characters and I can't enjoy his chats anymore. I won't even be able to phone him.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment