Thursday 9 April 2020

171 undertale - tearing through toriel

Dear Readers,

I went into Toriel's house where she surprised me with butterscotch-cinnamon pie. She invited me to live with her.

I hung around a while, having pie before I decided to move on. Toriel tried to stop me, giving me all kinds of warnings. I kept going though.

I faced her in battle. She kept telling me to stay and I kept on sparing her. I spared too often though and the battle was over. I had to reload my save for this genocide run. Whoops.

I also had to ask her how to leave the Ruins before I could try to go. She kept pulling me back.

I fought her again. I got her to a stage where the music stopped and she resorted to begging me not to leave. Then I attacked and oooooh... that was a doozy. She said in a voice I never heard before "...at my most vulnerable moment..."

She said she was worried I wouldn't fit in out there but she laughed at this, saying I really wasn't any different from them. She fell on her knee... held her chest... and died. She faded away and the white heart soul she had split up.

Urrrghhhh... not a good feeling :( and she being so good to me and everything.

I continued walking silently through the hallway until I met Flowey again. With a smile he said I was utterly repulsive. He said I spared her life before deciding that just wasn't interesting enough for me. He imitated her face and everything... Yeesh...

He said I murdered her just to see what would happen. He said I killed her out of boredom. He called me a naive idiot, asking me did I think I was the only one with that power? The power to reshape the world, purely by my own determination? The ability to play God? The ability to "Save"? He said he thought he was the only one with that power, but he wasn't able to save anymore. It seemed that my desires for this world overrode his. He said to enjoy that power while I could and he'd be watching. He then laughed his evil laugh and went away.

I continued and left the Ruins. I wasn't able to go back anymore! Am I still eligible for the genocide ending? Hmm...

And yeah, me worrying about this thing is exactly the type of thing Flowey was talking about. Worried about my ending while I just murdered one of the loveliest characters in the game. It's so awful... and this game makes you feel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment