Thursday 2 April 2020

164 undertale - chatting with asriel one last time

Dear Readers,

I continued going back and back, until I left the Ruins, Toriel's House and back to the place I had fallen at the start of the game. There, next to the flower patch, was Asriel!
I went to chat with him and he said not to worry about him as someone had to take care of these flowers.

I chatted with him again and he told me to please leave him alone... He said he couldn't come back.

He said he didn't want to break their hearts all over again and that it was better if they never saw him.

I kept talking to him. He asked me why I was doing this and if I was trying to keep him company.

He then asked me something. He asked me why I came here. He said everyone knew the legend of travellers that climbed Mt. Ebott were said to disappear, so why would I ever climb a mountain like this? Was it foolishness or fate? Or was it because I...?

He then said only I knew the answer. He said he knew why Rocket climbed the mountain. It wasn't for a very happy reason. He said he'd be honest with me and said Rocket hated humanity but never talked about it and that he felt very strongly about it.

I guess I should say "they" since Asriel is using "they", but Rocket is me and... or wait, Rocket isn't me in this case so I should probably say "they". But I do have that theory about me being Rocket as well and was using my SAVE powers to get the best ending and break the barrier. Um... well I'll keep an open mind.

Asriel then said I really was different from Rocket. He said even though we had similar fashion choices, he didn't know why he ever acted like we were the same person. Maybe the truth was that Rocket wasn't really the greatest person, whereas I was the type of friend Asriel wished he always had, so maybe he was projecting a little bit. He then said let's be honest, and that he did some weird stuff as a flower.

He then said there was one last thing he felt like he should tell me. He said that when he and Rocket combined their souls together, the control over their body was actually split between them. He was the one that picked up his own empty body and then, when they got to the village... he was the one that wanted to use their full power. Asriel was the one that resisted. Then, because of Asriel's resistance, they... well, that's why they ended up being a flower.

Asriel then said this whole time, he blamed himself for that decision and that was why he adopted that horrible view of the world, "Kill or be killed." But now, after meeting me, he didn't regret that decision anymore. He said he did the right thing. If he had killed those humans, they would have had to wage war against all of humanity. And in the end, everyone went free! He still felt kind of sad knowing how long it took, so maybe it wasn't a perfect decision. But you couldn't regret hard choices your whole life, right? Not that he had much of a life left, but that was beside the point.

He thanked me for listening to him and that I should really go be with my friends now. Also, if I was to see him in future, he told me not to think of it as him. He wanted me to remember him like this right now, as someone who was my friend for a little while.

He then told me to be careful in the outside world because, despite what everyone here thought, it wasn't as nice as it was here. He said there were a lot of Floweys out there and not everything could be resolved by just being nice... he then said not to kill, and not to get killed. That was the best I could strive for.

Wow.... lots of truth from him here. He has such a kind face, just like his parents. Hard to imagine him turning back into Flowey soon. And yes, it's definitely nicer in this world than it is in the real world, especially right now...

Also it turns out Asriel mistook me for being Rocket at some point... Hmm... I'll put my theory to the test more later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment