Friday 10 April 2020

172 undertale - reloading to ruin the ruins completely

Dear Readers,

It turns out that there were more monsters to defeat in the Ruins, so I had to reload my save as I couldn't go back there. Gah.

It turns out there were quite a few more monsters in the ruins! I had to run around, hunting them down, waiting on encounters.

Yeah, loads of monsters. I had to wait ages for encounters too! I was starting to get sleepy hunting them down, walking in circles, wondering how many would be enough.

Just then I had an encounter with the message "But nobody came."

I've seen this before when I watched Let's Plays in the past, but I never once heard the CREEPY music that plays when this happens. It was a low, rumbling sound.

The music continued playing outside of battle and it was like a creepy pasta experience. I guess I didn't notice this before with energetic YouTuber commentary, or maybe I just don't remember.

All of a sudden I was getting tons of encounters! All with nobody coming! This was just too creepy!

The save points just said "Determination" now and the Ruins really felt like something dead with no life at all.

I had to face Toriel all over again of course. She actually said something different this time though. She asked me about the look on my face, as if I had seen a ghost. She asked if I had seen something she hadn't. Then she said no... it was impossible... whatever that was.

And so, I killed her again, striking at her vulnerable moment. I went on to Flowey and he had something different to say too!

He said I wasn't really human, was I? He said I was empty inside, just like him. He then asked me if I was Rocket! He said we were still inseparable, after all these years...

He then said he had a plan to become all powerful, even more powerful than me and my stolen soul. He said let's destroy everything in this wretched world! He said let's turn 'em all to dust!

Then he actually spoke with SOUND. He said "That's a wonderful idea!" before disappearing.

I went out of the Ruins and again, they were locked behind me. Now I was able to proceed on the genocide path. Except now I know things are not only going to get sad, but they're going to get creepy as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment