Wednesday 8 April 2020

170 undertale - fighting and eating monsters in the ruins

Dear Readers,

On choosing "True Reset" after completing true pacifist, I had to name my character again. Again, I chose "Rocket"

I started on the flower patch, same as last time. I started my journey, same as last time too.

Except this time, I'm doing the "genocide" route. Will I have the heart to do this after making such nice friends last time? Let's see...
I encountered Flowey, who introduced himself and took me through the tutorial as if it was my first time down here. I guess he really did have his memory erased. I avoided his "friendliness pellets" and Toriel arrived just in time to save me.

She took me through the catacombs, teaching me about how things worked again. her memories of me were gone too. I made my first save, overwriting my last playthrough's save with this one. I can't load that one anymore... Indeed a true reset.

Next up was the chat with the dummy. I got into an encounter and defeated it with one swipe.

Toriel said the dummies were not for fighting! They were for talking! She said we didn't want to hurt anyone, do we?

I didn't know what to say to that, considering what I'm setting out to do...

I had another encounter with a frog. I threatened it and Toriel came along to scare it away. I hope that didn't spoil anything...

Further on, she gave me a cell phone and left to do some errands. I didn't wait for her this time though and hurried on. She then rang asking if I liked cinnamon or butterscotch. I said cinnamon.

Another frog asked me to show mercy to monsters. After killing a Whimsun, the frog disappeared...

I continued along and attacked Napstablook, who was too depressed to fight back seriously. When I got his HP down he asked if I knew I couldn't kill ghosts, since they were sorta incorporeal. He was just lowering his HP because he didn't want to be rude. He apologised and we pretended I beat him. I lost 1 experience point! Haha that's cute :)

I bought a doughnut in the spider bake sale. You never know... might be handy.

The next couple of Frogs offered to change the yellow text of enemies. I said no, keep them as they are! I want the yellow!

Up ahead were Vegetoids. I was able to eat them after bruising them a bit and gain HP! I assume I can do that as part of this run.

I kept going, acquiring a faded ribbon and toy knife. I equipped them both this time. I'm here for combat.

Eventually I reunited with Toriel and saved my game before going in to her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment