Saturday 18 April 2020

180 undertale - waterfall already seems devoid of hope

Dear Readers,

I continued ahead into the next area, Waterfall. I met the Monster Kid here.

They were sneaking out to see Undyne and asked me not to tell their parents.

The echo flower was strangely silent. Yeah, no music here at all.

The save point said "18 left" in red font.

The next screen I found the Old Tutu behind the waterfall and equipped it.

Still no music, but there was the sound of gushing water.

Up ahead I got into the bushes and Undyne was revealed. She couldn't speak with Papyrus anymore, so she just stood there, looking down at the path. I rustled some grass and she got her spear ready. I didn't move and she faded into a hidden position.

I emerged from the other side of the bushes and the Monster Kid came out after me. They were still too enamoured with Undyne to care about what was going on and ran ahead.

The music for the area started playing then. It sounded super creepy and sad. It didn't even feel like a variation on Waterfall's theme, not at that moment anyway.

I continued further and saw that the flower petal puzzles were completed as well.

I fought Aaron easily enough with two hits. Same with Woshua. I could hear them growl and wail as they got hurt. Never even knew they made noises like that before...

I came across more Echo Flowers and they were all strangely silent as well.

Even the "Check Wall" puzzle was completed and the door was already open in the wall.

Apart from Monster Kid who had no idea what was going on, Waterfall was super quiet and creepy and sad and dark. I didn't want to be here much longer :(

No comments:

Post a Comment