Tuesday 14 April 2020

176 undertale - stomping through more of papyrus' puzzles

Dear Readers,

I continued through Snowdin Forest until I came across the word search puzzle. I checked it out.

After that I went up to Sans and Papyrus. Papyrus walked off again. Sans said I couldn't be all that bad if I liked word searches.

Up ahead I defeated a Lesser Dog easily by petting it first before attacking. Then I fought a Jerry, who took ages and talked like someone who was a party killjoy.

Next I had to face Dogamy and Dogaressa. I got their trust by pretending to be a puppy, then I defeated Dogamy. Couldn't one shot him though. When I defeated him, Dogaressa became very aggressive with her attacks. She took a bit of health off of me, but I defeated her too. She didn't show it in her face, but she was definitely upset I killed her partner.

I didn't have to solve any of the X and O puzzles and Papyrus wasn't here at all. I really did have that effect on him...

I met him and Sans at the tile based puzzle though. He said I was going to love it! Just when he said that though, my character once again moved to the centre all by themself. Papyrus was like "Are you serious?" and asked Sans for help, as I kept walking through all his puzzles instead of letting him explain them to me before threatening and baffling me with dangerous japes! Sans said maybe I didn't like japes. Papyrus snapped at him, saying everyone likes japes!!

Sans then said what about Undyne? Didn't she hate puzzles? Papyrus said she hated puzzles, but she loved japes. Sans said that made sense.

Papyrus then put it to me: Puzzles or Japes? He didn't get an answer. He then said I was to agree or disagree and depending on my answer, they would say something great in response. I continued saying nothing.

Papyrus then said why not do this puzzle myself, before walking away again, but much more slowly this time. Wow... I think I really got him down...

Sans was still here. He said puzzles might be fun if I gave them a try.

The genocide run is not just killing everyone — it's also killing scripted gameplay (albeit, in favour of alternate scripted gameplay)

No comments:

Post a Comment