Monday 20 April 2020

182 undertale - gerson hates me now

Dear Readers,

I reached Undyne's house and it looked angry. I'm trying to remember if it was angry on the pacifist playthrough as well. No one was here so I went to Napstablook's.
They weren't there. Mettaton's place was locked of course. I then went to the snail race area and it was just dead silent. The track and everything else was there but nothing else. Nobody, no music, nothing. It was so dead here...

Gerson was at his shop! He laughed and said it was a treat that I came here. He was surprised I wanted to chat. I asked him about fate. He said that long ago, Asgore and he agreed that escaping would be pointless, since once they left, humans would just kill them. He felt a little betrayed when Asgore eventually changed his mind, but now he thought that maybe Asgore was right to, because even though they never escaped, a human was killing them anyway, asking me wasn't that right, looking at me with one narrowed eye.

The music here was all slowed down and depressing too.

I chose threat and he said he had lived too long to be afraid of something like me. He said to try it, kiddo! He said he knew I couldn't do anything here and that knowledge like that was the only reason he'd survived so long.

It's true I can't fight here in the shop. So he knows about game stuff eh? That lady shopkeeper in Snowdin didn't know...

I chose fight and he said nah... he wasn't a hero and he never was. I thought Undyne looked up to him? He said his old bones weren't fit for fighting anyway. One attack from me would probably turn him to dust. He then said at least by talking to me, he'd bought enough time for some of the monsters to escape.

I chose hero and he said he wasn't one, but he knew there was someone out there, someone who would never give up trying to do the right thing, no matter what. He said there was no prophecy or legend about anyone like that, but it was just something he knew was true, that someone like that would strike me down.

I was able to buy stuff from him, but not sell stuff. He said he wouldn't buy my chitzy garbage at knifepoint. When I left he said good riddance.

Wow he was steadfast. Much colder towards me this time, understandably.

No comments:

Post a Comment