Sunday 3 May 2020

195 undertale - i've become so evil that flowey questions our friendship

Dear Readers,

After the long elevator ride, I followed the path to Asgore's house. I had a look around and the red font text told me stuff I didn't see on the other playthrough.

When I checked the locks the red text said "He leaves them in the kitchen and the hallway". 

I headed for the bedrooms. I found The Locket and the Real Knife which both had very high stats. I equipped them straight away.

I checked the bed where it said it was "My bed" in red text. I'm about to learn a lot more about the person who makes this red text...

I had an encounter and it was Flowey! "Howdy, Rocket!" he said to me. He said I finally made it home and asked me if I remembered when we used to play here. He said today was gonna be just as fun with a laugh and then he went away again.

I checked Asgore's bedroom where I found the red text commenting on how he still had the same sweater.

When I checked the mirror it said in white font that it was me, Rocket.

Flowey encountered me again and said he remembered when he first woke up here in the garden. He was so scared he couldn't feel his arms or legs and realised his entire body had turned into a flower. He called his mom and dad for help but nobody came. That "But nobody came" he said sounded quite ominous.

He said eventually, the king found him, crying in the garden. He explained what had happened to him and the king held him. Held him with tears in his eyes, saying "There, there. Everything is going to be alright." He was so emotional but for some reason, Flowey didn't feel anything at all.

Between Flowey encounters I went around the house, collecting keys, before unlocking and moving on.

Flowey said he realised he didn't feel anything about anyone and his compassion had disappeared. He said he wasted weeks with "that stupid king", vainly hoping he would feel something, but it became too much for him. He ran away from home and eventually reached the Ruins. He found her[Toriel] and he thought of all people, she could make him feel whole again. Flowey then smiled and said she failed, with a laugh.

Flowey said he realised those two were useless. He said he became despondent and he wanted to love someone. He said he wanted to care about someone. He said I mightn't believe this but he decided it wasn't worth living anymore, not in a world without love, not in a world without me. He said he decided to follow in my footsteps and erase himself from existence... and he succeeded.

Flowey then said as he left this mortal coil, he started to feel apprehensive. He wondered if you didn't have a soul, what would happen to you? He said something primal started to burn inside him and he suddenly didn't want to die and then he woke up, like it was all just a bad dream. He said he was back at the garden, back at his "save point."

He then said he got interested and decided to experiment. He said again and again, he brought himself to the edge of death. He said at any point, he could have let this world continue on without him, but as long as he was determined to live, he was able to go back. He asked me wasn't it amazing?

This is just like the way I have the ability to save and start over... and load when I have a game over.

He then said at first, he used his powers for good and became "friends" with everyone, solving all their problems flawlessly. Just like me on the last playthrough! He said their companionship was amusing... for a while. He said as time repeated, people proved themselves predictable. He wondered what would a person say if he gave them this thing or that thing? What would they do if he said this thing or that thing to them? He said once you know the answer, that's all they were.

He said it all started because he was curious, curious as to what would happen if he killed them. He told himself he didn't like it and that he was just doing this because he had to know what would happen. He laughed at this, saying what an excuse! He then said that I of all people must've known how liberating it was to act this way. He said with a grin that at least we were better than those sickos that stood around and watched it happen, those pathetic people that wanted to see it, but were too weak to do it themselves. He said he bet someone like that was watching right now, weren't they?

He could be talking about Alphys but he could also be talking about me, the player!

He then said that nowadays, even that had grown tiring. He said I understood. He said he had done everything this world had to offer. He said he read every book and burned every book; he won every game, he lost every game; he'd appeased everyone, he'd killed everyone. He said that sets of numbers, lines of dialogue, he had seen them all. He then said that I was different. He said he could never predict me.

That must mean I'm more powerful than he could ever imagine.

He then said when he saw me in the Ruins, he didn't recognise me. He thought he could frighten me, then steal my soul. But he failed. Then, when he tried to load his save file, it didn't work. He said my determination was somehow even greater than his!

He then said he had one question for me and that was this: How did I get back to the Ruins from here?

That's what I was trying to figure out too. I'm trying to confirm my theory of Rocket and Frisk being the same person and that my own ability to save, load and reset is what enables me to go back to the Ruins, back to the start of the game.

Flowey then said he knew... He said she must have taken me when she left, and decided to give me a proper burial, rather than hanging out in the basement forever. He then questioned what made me wake up? Did I hear him calling me?

Could this theory be plausible? I wonder...

Flowey then said it didn't matter now. He said he was so tired of this. He was tired of all these people and all these places. He said he was tired of being a flower. He said there was just one thing left he wanted to do. He said let's finish what we started. Let's free everyone. Then, he said let's let them see what humanity was really like and that despite it all, this world was still "kill or be killed".

Flowey then said he had been entertaining a few ways to use that power, but seeing me here changed his mind. He said that seeing me here made him think that just living in the surface world didn't seem so bad.

Flowey then said we didn't even need to leave to get them this time. The king had six of them locked away. He said he tried hundreds of ways to get the king to show them to him, but he just wouldn't. He said he knew the king would do it for me.

Flowey then said the reason he was telling me all this was because I was still the only one that understood him. He said I wouldn't give him any worthless pity.

He then said that creatures like him wouldn't hesitate to kill each other if we got in each other's way, so that's why...

The music stopped and that heavy metal beat started playing again. Then, Flowey himself actually started trembling! he laughed a little, asking what this feeling was? Why was he shaking?

He started sweating and said there were no hard feelings about back then, right?

His expression turned to one I had never seen before. It was sheer panic. He asked me what I was doing? He told me to back off!

Flowey then said he'd changed his mind about all this. He said this wasn't a good idea anymore. He said I should go back and that this place was fine the way it was! He told me to stop making that creepy face! He said this wasn't funny! He said I had a sick sense of humour!

And that was it. The end of Flowey's long talk with me before he disappeared again. Next up was the last corridor. I put one of my older weapons in the box.

Wow this was quite the conversation. Some fourth wall breaking stuff and all. I'm trying to figure out the deal with this red font dialogue. It's me, but it's not me at the same time, you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment