Tuesday 5 May 2020

197 undertale - trying to avoid getting dunked on

Dear Readers,

Due to my determination, I kept getting back up to face Sans time and time again after killing me. I became less stingy with healing items as well to get the next bits of dialogue.

At one stage I got to the point where his attacks started looping. I had to keep attacking to get him to speak more so I could get out of this looping pattern.

The last time I was up until he said I couldn't understand how this could've felt.

Next he said that knowing that one day, without any warning, it was all going to be reset.

Then he said he gave up trying to go back a long time ago.

Then he said that getting to the surface didn't really appeal anymore either.

Then he said cause even if they did, they would just end up right back here, without any memory of it, right?

Got killed again. The stuff he was saying... he remembers all the resets, or at least he was getting them from reports and was piecing it all together. Flowey revealed to me that he had been doing a lot of resets, or at least a lot of loads. Maybe Sans is mistaking me for him in this regard.

I got him to say his next thing. He said to be blunt... it made it kind of hard to give it his all.

Then he said or was it just a poor excuse for being lazy? He didn't know.

Then he said all he knew was that seeing what came next, he couldn't afford not to care, anymore.

Then... the music stopped. He was sweating and his eyes looked heavier. His movements were getting slower too.

He said that being said, he noticed I really liked swinging that thing around, huh?

Then some sentimental music played.

He said listen: he knew I didn't answer him before, but somewhere in me, he could feel it, there was a glimmer of a good person inside of me; the memory of someone who once wanted to do the right thing. Someone who, in another time, might have even been... a friend?

With a wink he said c'mon, buddy. He asked if I remembered him. He said please, if I was listening... let's forget all this, ok? He appealed to me to just lay down my weapon, and, well, his job would be a lot easier.

Sans was sparing me and his name became yellow.

His job, huh? I knew what his job was from let's plays! I wasn't having any of it. I made another attack!

He dodged again and the music stopped. With a wink and a shrug he said welp, it was worth a shot. His eyes turned completely black and he said he guessed I liked doing things the hard way, huh?

With every blink, he launched severe and seemingly impossible to avoid attacks on me that lasted until the next blink. Megalovania piped up again. He started making bones pop up on the menu options, which made even the menu navigation hazardous.

He said it sounded strange, but before all this he was secretly hoping we could be friends. He said he always thought the anomaly was doing this cause they were unhappy, and when they got what they wanted, they would stop all this.

I'm not sure if he was talking about me or Flowey here. Maybe both?

The text then said the REAL battle finally begins. Oh man...

No comments:

Post a Comment