Saturday 16 May 2020

2 donut county - swallowing up potter's rock

Dear Readers,

The scene shifted to six weeks later, in dark place with sad but nice music. BK and Mira stood over what looked like a quadcopter that seemed to be damaged.

BK yelled at Mira, asking her how could she smash their quadcopter? Mira told BK who cared about their stupid quadcopter and yelled back, asking BK how could they destroy the entire town?

We were nine hundred and ninety nine feet below Donut County. It was Mira, BK and a bunch of other people sitting around a campfire. Around us seemed to be the remains of the town.

BK said they never destroyed anything and that they were kind. Mira said BK used that stupid app to open up holes all over town and now we were all stuck underground. BK said everything here looked fine to them, except for their quadcopter. They said THEY were the victim!

Mira asked the rest of us to back her up. Someone named Coco made an ellipsis and another one named Potter told BK it was obvious they did it, saying they got swallowed by a hole right after they ordered a doughnut from BK's shop.

BK said what did that have to do with Mira smashing their quadcopter? Mira asked Potter what happened to their son. They said he must still be up there somewhere.

The scene shifted to Potter's Rock. It seemed like a comfy little settlement built around some Arizona-like desert rocks. I pressed A to deploy a hole and I was BK, once again using that weird app to swallow up things with the hole. I swallowed up some small rocks and boxes, then swallowed up a telescope, a cow skull and a suitcase.

After swallowing up everything on that small patch, the camera shifted to around more of the settlement. I swallowed up the plants out the front of the semi-cylindrical house and someone opened the door to look at the hole. I took it to the side of the  house, where someone else was using a potter's wheel, minding their own business. The one inside the house looked out the window at the hole as I swallowed up everything around the place. I then swallowed up the potter's wheel as well as the potter themself!

The one inside the house fled from the window and looked at the hole from the back door, where I took it to swallow up the objects in the back yard.

The music playing here is all vibey and chill and has a lovely beat. I love it :)

It didn't exactly match what I was doing in the scene! I broke a lot of pots and swallowed up furniture and planks of wood. 

When I swallowed up enough, the camera shifted around the other side of the house. Someone was in a hot air balloon that was tethered to the house and the rock. They barked at me when I went near them! The music stopped.

I then swallowed up the furnace, which made the hole spew a lot of very hot air. I held it under the balloon which rose with the heat and snapped from its tethering to the house and the rock. Then it floated away with the dog person inside it. Music started playing again as I went on to swallow up the rest of the scene, ending with the house.

The scene shifted to one of the dog people falling down a very long way down a deep hole. I got a "Great Delivery!" message and an XP meter and suddenly, everything looked more like a regular video game. The music was pretty groovy end of level music as well. 

I now had access to the "Trashopedia" and had a look. It was all the stuff I swallowed up with the hole. It had awesome descriptions like "Go in here if you want to get yelled at by coyotes." for the cave. For the swimming pool the description warned against washing candy floss in it. This was definitely written by a raccoon :) 

Ah ok, so the furnace is called a "kiln" and this level explained it was Potter whom I just swallowed up. I assume Pup is the one who floated away in the balloon. There are so many pots that the description eventually says "Idk. It's a pot", running out of things to say.

When I clicked on done the "Have a Garbage Day!" message appeared, which was lovely.

I control this game with a cursor. It was originally a PC game but it controls pretty nicely. I can speed it up too if I like.

Next, the scene shifted back to us underground, with Potter on the other side of the campfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment