Thursday 8 October 2020

99 ace attorney 6 - the séance and the scene of the crime

Dear Readers,

Princess Rayfa went on to give her Insights on Puhray Zeh'lot aka Rheel Neh'mu's death. She said the accused held him down before murdering him.

That was the major detail she had about it. There didn't seem to be anything wrong with it so I had to look at the Séance closely.

Wow... this showed a few things to me, including the possibility that this could've taken place inside the hideout and that the victim was leaning against the magatama mossy thing instead of the ground at the plaza. I imagine it would take many turnabouts to get to a conclusion like that so I'll ride it out until then. The smell of Gingihl is the fact that's bothering me right now.

I pointed out the Gingihl sensation and matched it with Beh'leeb's statement about the Feast of Blessings, that the eating of Gingihl was timed very carefully so the smell would dissipate in time for the rite. The judge had completely forgotten about it!

I argued the murder must've happened when the gingihl was eaten and Rayfa butted in with a "That's enough!", saying that contradicted the autopsy report. I said it was an estimate, and that the body could've been preserved by the cold. The judge allowed the autopsy report to be revised. Rayfa was angry, saying I blinded her with science!

Rayfa updated her Insight to account for the time of day, though she said it was still dark, which created another inconsistency. I pointed out the pattern and matched it with the newspaper, which said the ground was covered with thick, white ice on the day before the rite.

It was here I was able to make the argument I wanted to make, that the scene of the crime was not at the plaza, but in the secret hideout. This shocked everybody in the courtroom.

I pointed out the shaggy stone slabs and then saw something I never saw before, the handprints on one of them. Wow. I said I believed the victim was killed here while his hands were pressed against the slab. I was able to point out the luminol test as evidence that a murder did take place there.

This part moved very smoothly! Much more than I thought it would anyway.

The judge asked Ema whose blood it was and she said the police believed it was the high priest's, so they didn't test it. The judge demanded an immediate identification of the blood.

Ema left for a moment before coming back, revealing that the blood did indeed belong to Puhray Zeh'lot!

Nahyuta in his gentle, threatening way told Ema he wanted to see her in his prayer chamber after the trial and give her an 8 hour long sermon. Yeesh! Maybe it was the cops who made the mistake, Nahyuta!

No comments:

Post a Comment