Friday 18 June 2021

20 attack of the friday monsters! a tokyo tale - beam me up, frank!

Dear Readers,

I walked back to the bridge and noticed something flashing in the sky. I rushed over to Monster Hill and saw the train where it didn't usually stop. The birds all stopped chirping too. The sound of my footsteps disappeared too!

I heard some weird alien spaceship like sounds. Then I saw a big flying saucer lower down over the crater! It approached me and shot out a tractor beam, pulling me on board! Then it flew away into space!

The next scene was above Earth. I stood opposite Frank. He called himself Frank Schuballiger and said we were from the same planet.

The view zoomed out and revealed the space scene to be a poster in Ramen's family diner, and Frank and I were revealed to be sitting at his usual table, a cosy corner. He said funny things like our first meeting even though we met before and he asked me to order anything I wanted as long as I had the money to pay for it!

This was a funny moment!

I was puzzled. He said he was the esteemed manager of Mad Momma Security and he sent the hero to save this planet 10 years ago, but this hero wasn't doing his job. He sent him letters and even came here to talk to him face to face, but he still wasn't doing his job.

He was just about to give up until I got accepted as a Space Defense Department Junior Member. He asked me if I could take the hero's place and transform to fight against the threats to this planet. I said I wasn't super strong, that I was clumsy and my shoe laces get all knotted sometimes. He said heroes didn't have laces!

Then he said there was a lady who came with the hero to marry him. She was a daughter of her planet's royal family, and if she hadn't left, she'd be a princess. He wasn't going to have her here if the hero wasn't going to do his job, and the largest shareholder was beginning to feel the same.

I said I could be the hero and Frank said he'd have to deport me.

I left the diner, thinking was I an alien and what did that mean? Was I not my parents' child? I decided to keep this a secret, otherwise Mom and Dad would be so sad. I picked up the glims that rained and obtained another Penguidon card.

Frank is pretty strange, stranger than the other adults who seem to play along with our kid games and imagination. What was with that alien spaceship? Was that just him inviting me to the diner to speak about being a hero?

No comments:

Post a Comment