Thursday 3 June 2021

5 attack of the friday monsters! a tokyo tale - ramen gives me a tour

Dear Readers,

I caught up with Ramen at the TV station. We started talking about "Guardians! Blue Planet Space Defenders!" I told him I didn't have many channels where we used to live but now I could watch the TV monsters and the real monsters every week.

Ramen said his dream was to become a Space Defense Department Junior Member. I said it was mine too! He talked about weird mysterious things that were happening, like the monsters, then the meteor, then two transfer students. I said I didn't think transfer students were that mysterious, you know, since I was one of them. He agreed, saying the girl from my class liked his family's noodles, so she couldn't be too bad.

Ramen said this girl showed up the same day as me and was the 6th cutest girl in the class. The narrator confirmed I couldn't forget this girl's name and my heart skipped a beat when I thought of her, so it sounded like I had a little crush! We knew her name to be S-chan and I was blushing. Ramen teased me about this and I denied it!

Ramen changed the subject to the next stop on the tour, the best restaurant in town! His family's restaurant of course and it was next to his house. He led me to the diner I visited earlier and he introduced me to his dad, whom I met then. His dad teased he seemed more excited about the new girl. He asked where I was living and I said I was the dry cleaner's son. His dad said he asked them to clean an old grey dress shirt and it came back as white as snow. He lamented the faded look it had. Ramen said to give me a break. The narrator said I wondered if this was the man my parents were talking about earlier.

We continued the tour. Ramen said the next stop was the Odaara Express, Fuji no Hana Station. He said to meet him at the railroad crossing you can never cross and not to be late. Then he ran off towards the crossing at the police station.

Episode 8: "A Father's Dirty Laundry" started after that exchange with Ramen's dad. I went back in and his dad said Ramen had more energy than he knew what to do with, but he was a good kid and asked me to be friends with him.

No problem! I continued after Ramen towards the crossing. Nice to see the links of this small world coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment