Tuesday 1 June 2021

3 attack of the friday monsters! a tokyo tale - learning about monster cards

Dear Readers,

I left the TV station and headed south to where other kids were waiting for A Plus. He appeared and apologised for waiting. There was an energetic boy and a cute girl. A Plus introduced me to them. The cute girl said I was in her class but I didn't remember her name. They all continued down the path and I had to follow. I found an Atrocious Avian glim here.

I followed the others to an obstruction of rocks in the path. The cute girl said the night before I showed up at school, a meteor fell on the hill in the back of the city and caused a landslide. We weren't able to get into the vacant lot with everything in the way.

We all got together and cleaned up the mess together, pushing the rocks to one side. Poor A Plus was hurt by a rock that fell on his feet.

The energetic boy then introduced himself as Ramen, a 5th grader whose dad owned a restaurant at the train station. The cute girl was shocked I didn't remember her name. I apologised and she introduced herself as Akebi Yoshikawa, but I could call her Akebi.

I asked them what they usually play and they said lately they play Monster Cards. They demonstrated it and I was mystified to see them flop on the ground. It was time for me to learn this weird game.

A Plus said when you lose you become the winner's servant until you can win against them. Akebi said the servant has to fall down when a spell gets cast on them. I asked why and Ramen said it's because they're the servant! I watched as Ramen got the spell cast on him in dramatic voiced dialogue and he flopped down on the ground before the master told him to arise. Then he said "aren't spells powerful?"

Of course, that's because the servant gives them that power.

Ramen said every newcomer starts off as a servant. I had to collect five Monster Cards if I didn't want to fall down forever.

That sounds simple enough so far. We were interrupted by a weird guy with menacing music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment