Friday 4 June 2021

6 attack of the friday monsters! a tokyo tale - ramen shows me the dry cleaners and the scriptwriter

Dear Readers,

Ramen welcomed me to the Fuji no Hana Station part of the tour. He said this was the famous crossing you can never cross. The gates here were down all day long. The ringing of the signal is constant as well. The residents here must be driven insane...

Ramen said they only get a break when the trains stop moving due to worker strikes. He says everyone who works in Shinjuku has to walk there on the tracks when the strikes happen. He said it was pretty cool right and I said it sounded fun! He said it was kinda rough for people who live far away that work at the station market here though. Interesting!

The next part of the tour was the newest part, the dry cleaners! My place! Ramen dashed off there and I followed. That didn't stop him from giving me a big introduction to it!

He then asked me if I knew the secret of the house next to mine. I didn't, and he took me there, telling me it belonged to the famous script writer, Shigeru Goyouin, who writes our favourite TV show! I was very excited by how cool this was! He then added that Akebi was his daughter! I asked why they had different last names and Ramen said it was because her dad used a pen name. Just like I do for my writing :)

We found it kinda weird that there was a scriptwriter for monsters since monsters were real but didn't dwell too much on it. I was really surprised that Akebi was my neighbour! Ramen said the darkest place was under the candlestick. Wise words indeed!

The next part of the tour was Monster Hill where we could see the monsters! Ramen dashed off to the right and I followed through a narrow passage, picking up glims along the way, including a hidden one in a cubby hole to the right. The path continued to a bridge across a stream and along a bank where there were more glims to pick up. I completed the Atrocious Avian glims and obtained a Monster Card! This was #04, Eaglarian, which looked like an eagle in a space suit.

I crossed the stream again on a bridge that was like a big plank. It said "100 strong" something on it and I imagined it was some kind of secret code. I'm guessing though that it's a weight limit! This kicked off Episode 11: "Secret of the Lost Words"

I continued along the path and saw Ramen, but I had to cross again further ahead to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment