Sunday 20 June 2021

22 attack of the friday monsters! a tokyo tale - watching the smoke monster with the others

Dear Readers,

I ran after the other kids toward Monster Hill. I met the police officer and Frank, who were standing around, commenting on the situation. The police officer said it was different on TV and Frank talked about it like the assistant in Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea who classified every life form he came across.

S-chan was up ahead. I told her I thought the monster wouldn't appear but it did. I ran with her to Monster Hill. The other kids were there as well as crew from the TV station who were filming it.

Akebi told us to look and this small flying plane flew over our heads. Mom appeared as well to have a look! She asked us were we not scared of being so close to the monsters? A Plus and Ramen said we were fine since the TV camera never got damaged, so it was safe.

Mom saw me and ran up to me, relieved that I was safe. I was standing with S-chan. It was here where they made acquaintance.

We all stood and looked at the monster. It was made out of smoke and had a monstrous shape, moving in a stretchy squashy kind of way. It had four legs and what looked like more than one head. Could be four heads but maybe some were tails?

Poor S-chan said she fell on the way here. I asked was she okay and she said she was, but her jelly packet from lunch got squished.

The others were all fascinated by the shape, some were a little worried and some were wondering if it was fake or if they'd get on TV. Megami-chan was all excited for this climactic monster moment they were filming.

Everyone was so entranced by the monster that there was nothing else to do, so I wandered around, collecting glims and obtaining another Bugnar card.

I wanted to get a closer look so I went to the building by the tracks. The alien schedule that was here was now a neighbourhood bulletin. Hmm...

I went back to town and Emily was here, in her usual annoyed way. She said sales used to be good on Fridays. Nanafushi was here too, saying the monster breaks anything it wants, just like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment