Wednesday 2 May 2018

61 zelda breath of the wild - mapping out hyrule ridge on ridgeland tower, chatting with bird-man enthusiast branli

Dear Readers,

I got to the top of the tower and there was someone else up here! A man with glasses named Branli. How the heck did he get up here?! He was in his own world, muttering if only he were a "bird-man". I had an option to say "BOO!" but I decided to just *ahem...* as this was a very precarious spot.

He was surprised to see me as well. He said he was fascinated with the "bird-men" and wondered how it was possible for them to fly. He also explained that he was standing on the ground when this tower shot up from underneath him. Was the ground dry then? He went on to say that it was a blessing in disguise as he could observe the "bird-men" more easily now. He then asked how I was gonna get down and the only option I had was to say I'll just fly down. He got very excited at this until I explained it was gliding. He was still interested though and asked me to demonstrate how far I could glide for his research study. There was a 20 rupee deposit "liability fee" thing so really it was a mini-game.

Before I did anything else, I mapped out and identified this region named Hyrule Ridge from here atop Ridgeland Tower! Woo!

This is an interesting region, north and south separated by a river, some mountains around too. Then there are these fascinating giant mushroom structures all around the place. Imagine if this was like a Mushroom Kingdom :)

I tried Branli's gliding minigame thing and gobbled two stamina snacks during. I scored 459.4m. He offered 21 rupees as compensation but then gave me 50 rupees when he didn't get enthusiasm from me :) so yeah this could be easy rupees!

After this I observed the floating flying machine thing and the mountains, comparing it to the third photograph in the album. This spot was definitely too close to these mountains and a big lightning cloud was perpetually fogging up the flying machine thing. I'll have to get some distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment